Pictures


McWhirter School circa 1900, NW Collin County, TX
McWhirter School circa 1900, NW Collin County, TX

Leonidas William 'Will' McWhirter
Leonidas William "Will" McWhirter

Helms Farm circa 1950
Helms Farm circa 1950

Helms Farm circa 1950
Helms Farm circa 1950

Helms Farm August, 1964
Helms Farm August, 1964

Helms Farm August, 1964
Helms Farm August, 1964

Dr Moses and Mary Jane Sutton Hubbard
Dr Moses and Mary Jane Sutton Hubbard
They left the trust which established the Alla school in memory of their daughter Alla Hubbard Spencer.

Family of Lewis C. Sutton
Family of Lewis C. Sutton, brother of Mary Jane Sutton Hubbard
Moreland School and Community were located at the intersection of County Roads 580 and 630 in Collin County, just northeast of Blue Ridge. There was a grocery store, a gas station, and a postoffice there in addition to the school.
Moreland School and Community were located at the intersection of County Roads 580 and 630 in Collin County, just northeast of Blue Ridge. There was a grocery store, a gas station, and a postoffice there in addition to the school.



All rights to materials within this collection are held by respective individual with the exception of public domain items. The materials contained within this collection are made available online for educational and/or personal research purposes only.
Updated: July 21, 2012
Copyright © 2002-2016
Sue Patterson